Saucy Steakhouse Mushroom Burger
About this recipe
Food science students from Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Wisconsin recently participated in a competition judged by members of Johnsonville's Research & Development team as part of their final exam. This winning recipe was created by Emily P. and Audrey L. Congratulations!
- 4 Johnsonville® Grillers Steakhouse Patties
- 8 ounce fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4 pretzel buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Cook patties according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter. Add steak sauce; simmer 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, place a patty on bottom half of pretzel bun; top with cheese, mushrooms and fried onions. Spread mayonnaise on top half of bun and place on top of sandwich.