Pineapple Ginger Meatballs
About this recipe
These meatballs have a sweet and savory taste with plenty of kick! Sweet pineapple combined with cilantro, red bell peppers, ginger and Johnsonville Pork & Chicken Traditional Bratwurst give these meatballs a bold flavor that is perfect as a meal or as an appetizer!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pureed ginger or 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.63 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Pork & Chicken Traditional Bratwurst
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- hot cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eleven ingredients to create the meatball mixture.
- Remove sausage from casings. Crumble sausage over meatball mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- In batches, cook meatballs until browned on all sides. Transfer to a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°F.
- For the glaze, in a saucepan, combine the marmalade, teriyaki sauce and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Serve meatballs over rice. Drizzle with glaze.