Pasta Marinara with Italian Red Wine & Cheese Sausage
About this recipe
When Johnsonville does pasta, everyone wins! This pasta is packed with delicious flavors and rich veggies: zucchini, squash, mushrooms and pepper. The signature flavor of Johnsonville Italian Red Wine & Cheese Sausage brings everything together for another simple and delicious meal!
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Red Wine & Cheese Sausage
- 1 pound Barilla® Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 cup cubed eggplant
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounce) sliced mushrooms
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounce) Barilla® marinara sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions and keep warm.
- Cook sausage according package directions using the skillet method. Slice on bias ½-inch thick. Set aside.
- In the same skillet used to cook the sausage, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, squash, pepper, eggplant, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add the garlic, and cook another minute. Add the sausage and marinara; heat through stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked pasta.