Jalapeño & Cashew Sausage Stuffing
About this recipe
Great stuffing helps make wonderful memories, and this Johnsonville® recipe definitely delivers! This dish plays with your senses, giving you heat, texture and excellent flavors. This stuffing gets your mouth going with a spice that comes from jalapeños, pepper jack cheese and Johnsonville Hot & Spicy Ground Breakfast Sausage. If that weren’t enough, cashews are added to make this dish unforgettable!
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (12-14 ounces) herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 6 ounces pepper jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the celery, onions and jalapeño peppers. Cook and stir 5-10 minutes longer, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in chili powder.
- In a large bowl combine the stuffing cubes and sausage mixture.
- Add pepper jack cheese and cashews. Stir in broth and eggs; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°F and top is lightly browned.