Back To Recipe
Italian Seafood Portobellos
About this recipe
Sausage gives this classic a new twist!
- 25-30 medium portobello mushrooms (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can (6 oz.) lump crab meat, drained
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Johnsonville® All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 egg
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems and set aside.
- Place mushroom caps on waxed paper, bottom side up.
- Mist or brush caps with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a food processor, combine the crabmeat, shrimp, cheeses, garlic, pepper and mushroom stems.
- Pulse for 10-15 seconds until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Crumble sausage over crabmeat mixture. Add egg; mix just until combined.
- Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place in greased shallow baking pans.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160˚F.