Italian Sausage Caprese Skewer
An Italian Delight!. Normally we make the Caprese Salad, but this recipe brought it to a different level! Planned on making them as an appetizer, but I made so many, it ended up being dinner ~ which everyone was happy with since we didn't have any leftovers! Love this recipe! — MJ Reese
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, (24 tomatoes)
- 1 tub (16 ounce) marinated fresh mozzarella balls, (Ciligiene 24 1/2 ounce balls)
- 1 package (2.5 ounces) fresh basil leaves
- 24 small skewers, wooden or other decorative picks
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic syrup* (can substitute with balsamic vinegar) *Balsamic syrup is available in finer grocery stores.
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the sausage according to the package directions for the grill or in a skillet.
- Cut each sausage into 4 to 5 pieces.
- Assemble each skewer alternating ingredients: tomato, basil, mozzarella, and sausage.
- Arrange skewers on a platter, drizzle with Extra Virgin olive oil and balsamic syrup.
- Sprinkle with salt and a grinding of fresh black pepper.