Italian Pasta Stew
love the hot Italian sausage. Simply them on the grill and let them smoke for about 20-30 minutes to ensure a thorough cooking and them put them over the hot coals to brown----the very best — ed johnson
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links, coin-sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 new red potatoes, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rotini
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Coin slice sausage, cook until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrot and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, water and rotini; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and zucchini.
- Continue to cook an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender and stew is slightly thickened.
- Top each serving with cheese.