OMG! These are wonderful!. What a great recipe! I made one change, out of necessity....I did not have any Parmesan cheese (Thought I did and then didn't have any, live too far out of town to go back in and get some) Luckily I had shredded mozzarella instead and I used it....DELICIOUS! Maybe even better than the Parmesan as the sausage meat is pretty well seasoned. This is a make again and again recipe for me! — Lieselotte Schnuckelhuber
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Mild Italian Sausage or Links removed from casing*(*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese, milk and onion.
- Remove sausage from casings.
- Add sausage to the bread crumb mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 20 meatballs; arrange on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Serve with your favorite sauce and spaghetti.