Back To Recipe
Corkscrew Sausage Marsala
Great easy recipe. This was a tasty quick dish and even pick eaters love it. — Mary
- 1 package (16 ounces) rotini or spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Mild Italian Sausage or (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente doneness; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Spoon sausage into pan using a tablespoon. Cook sausage until fully cooked and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, sauté garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil until caramelized.
- Add garlic and mushroom mixture to the sausage.
- Add wine. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cream; cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.