Andouille Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Family loved it!. Very nice recipe. I did tailor it to our taste a bit....added some chopped celery to the other vegetables, used turkey smoked sausage (I don't like heat), added more shrimp, increased rice to 1 cup, added chicken broth to the water to make 2 1/4 cups. Finished it with chopped scallions on top. Delicious! — Leanne
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes w/green chilies
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a Dutch oven, sauté onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, water and rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; simmer, covered, until shrimp are cooked, 8-10 minutes. Serve.