Red Wine & Cheese Italian Sausage
Tastes Great But Better Way To Cook It. The sausages taste great (as all of your sausages do). However, I make mine backwards in the skillet. I add the water first and steam cook them to make them very tender. I cook them until the water evaporates.You'l then have oil which leaks out of the sausages and can better judge how much oil to add, if any, to brown them. You can also use other liquids besides water. I like to use beer which gives it a nice glaze and tastes pretty good! This is how I cook all of my sausages. Try it! — Stephen HillSee All Reviews
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Add sausage.
- Cooked, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is browned and the internal temperature is 160F, turning links often.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Sizzling Sausage Grill
- Thaw product prior to cooking.
- Using nylon tongs (never a fork), carefully place uncooked refrigerated sausage into positions on the bottom grill plate. The grill accommodates from one (1) to five (5) sausage links. The center position (#1) must always be filled with a sausage link.
- Close grill cover over sausage links. The temperature probe in the top center position will insert into the center sausage link as the grill cover is closed.
- Push in latch on grill handle until it "clicks" to secure the grill cover closed.
- Press the start button to turn the grill on. Start button red light will illuminate. Typical cook time for refrigerated, uncooked Johnsonville dinner sausage is 10-15 minutes.
- The grill will signal with four short beeps and automatically shut off when the sausage reaches doneness temperature.
StoragePrepare within 3 days of purchase or freeze for up to 30 days.
Always refer to the package label for the most current ingredient and nutritional information. Pork, mozzarella/American/parmesan pasteurized process cheese product (pasteurized process cheese product [low moisture part-skim mozzarella and other natural cheese (pasteurized cow's milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), water, cream, sodium phosphate, contains 2% or less of: butter, salt, lactic acid, sugar, glutamic acid, natural ﬂavors, xanthan gum, sorbic acid], potato starch and powdered cellulose, natamycin), water, corn syrup, and less than 2% of the following: dextrose, salt, red wine, spices including paprika, red wine powder (red wine, maltodextrin), natural ﬂavors, BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid. Contains Milk.