World's greatest brats. I am from Texas and we never ate brats until about 25 years ago when my work friend from Sheboygan Wisconsin invited us over for a BBQ. He was a Yankee but still good people as Yankees go. We were expecting hot dogs and burgers but were taken back when nothing but Johnsonville original brats were on the menu. After a very tense taste test believing I might be about to taste something disgusting it was love at first bite. I litteraly could not get enough and could have eaten everything on the grill. Since that day I never fill a shopping cart without two or three packs of Johnsonville original brats. I made the mistake of ordering a brat in Germany but immidiatley regretted it and missed the perfection that is Johnsonville. As for that Yankee he is now my oldest and dearest friend and we have began to grow old together. I'm not sure I can credit Johnsonville original brats for the entire friendship but you were there at the beginning and will be until the end. We have made a million memories at our frequent brat bques as we now call them. Thank you for bridging the Gap between two very different people and adding flavor to the entire history of our friendship. — Chuck fisherSee All Reviews
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Add sausage.
- Cooked, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is browned and the internal temperature is 160F, turning links often.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Add sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes, turning links often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add ½ cup water to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until sausage internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Sizzling Sausage Grill
- Thaw product prior to cooking.
- Using nylon tongs (never a fork), carefully place uncooked refrigerated sausage into positions on the bottom grill plate. The grill accommodates from one (1) to five (5) sausage links. The center position (#1) must always be filled with a sausage link.
- Close grill cover over sausage links. The temperature probe in the top center position will insert into the center sausage link as the grill cover is closed.
- Push in latch on grill handle until it "clicks" to secure the grill cover closed.
- Press the start button to turn the grill on. Start button red light will illuminate. Typical cook time for refrigerated, uncooked Johnsonville dinner sausage is 10-15 minutes.
- The grill will signal with four short beeps and automatically shut off when the sausage reaches doneness temperature.
StoragePrepare within 3 days of purchase or freeze for up to 30 days.
Always refer to the package label for the most current ingredient and nutritional information. INGREDIENTS: Pork, water, corn syrup and less than 2% of the following: pork broth with natural ﬂavorings, salt, dextrose, natural ﬂavors, BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid.