You Bet Your Bacon This is Sausage!
- New Johnsonville Sausage Strips-Original RecipeJohnsonville Original Sausage Strips
- New Johnsonville Sausage Strips-Chorizo VersionJohnsonville Chorizo Sausage Strips
- New Johnsonville Sausage Strips-Maple VersionJohnsonville® Maple Flavored Sausage Strips
- New Johnsonville Sausage Strips_SpicyJohnsonville Spicy Sausage Strips
- New Sausage StripsChange up your Breakfast Quesadilla with the new Sausage Strips
- New Sausage StripsWrapping the new Sausage Strips around appetizers like this Tator Tot Skewer offers a new twist for grab-and-go recipes..
- New Sausage StripsThe new Johnsonville Sausage Strips look and act like bacon...but it's sausage!
- Johnsonville Introduces New Sausage StripsSubstitute new Sausage Strips in sandwiches, like this Veggie Sausage Wrap.
New Johnsonville Sausage Strips™ deliver flavor & innovation to morning breakfasts
These strips are fully cooked, made with premium cuts of pork and available in four new flavors: Original, Spicy, Maple Flavored and Chorizo. The new product will be available in limited distribution, starting in May with retailers Hy-Vee, Meijer, Cub Foods, Target, Woodman’s, Spartan Corp. stores, Piggly Wiggly, Festival Foods, and many additional independent retailers throughout the Midwest. The Sausage Strips will be available Kroger stores throughout the Midwest in July.
Johnsonville is excited about introducing this new breakfast meat experience, after product testing showed that 86% of participants stated the product met or exceeded expectations. Each 12 oz. package contains approximately 12 strips, with a suggested retail price of approximately $4.99.
“At Johnsonville, we are obsessed with sausage, so naturally we’re always looking for new ways to enjoy it. When we thought to slice sausage like bacon, and then combine it with great sausage flavors like maple, chorizo, spicy, and our original recipe, we thought we had a pretty darn good idea and needed to share it with the world,” said Steve Bembenista, a brand manager on Johnsonville’s innovation team. “Ultimately, Sausage Strips were made to add something flavorful and exciting not only to breakfast, but also to sandwiches, burgers, or whatever else your mind can dream up.”
Because the Sausage Strips are fully cooked, preparing this breakfast meat is quick and convenient, in a variety of cooking methods, and the time depends on how crispy the user prefers. In a skillet by stovetop takes just 3-5 minutes; baked in an oven (at 450 degrees) takes 12-15 minutes; microwave is 1-2 minutes; and by air fryer (at 400 degrees) for 5-6 minutes.
Key product features:
- Great protein option, available in four different flavors
- More meat per strip since the sausage doesn’t shrink like bacon when cooked
- Lower sodium than bacon (per gram serving size)
- Versatile to use along with eggs, a flavor enhancer to sandwiches or salads, as a garnish to cocktails or seafood dishes
Nutrition information per serving (2 slices):
- Features lower sodium (per gram) than bacon (between 440 mg - 530mg among the four flavors)
- Protein = 9 grams
- Fat = 12 grams
- Calories = 150 (exception: Maple Flavored = 160)
Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand, featuring: brats, Italian sausage, smoke-cooked links, breakfast sausage, summer sausage, and meatballs. Johnsonville products are served in more than 40 countries and in more than 140 professional, college and semi-pro sports stadiums throughout the U.S.
Johnsonville employs approximately 2,100 members. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, the privately held company remains family owned today. For additional information, visit www.johnsonville.com.