Tongsman 2022 Finalists Selected
Finalists Ready to Battle it Out for Tongsman Title on Dec. 3 in Atlanta
We asked for it – and grillmasters delivered. Earlier this fall, Johnsonville held its Titanium Tongsman Contest for a second season, tasking the proudest of the proud carnivores – whose level of tailgating, grilling wisdom and love of sausage is boundless –showcasing how they make room on the grill for Johnsonville sausage.
From favorite sausage recipes to elite tong-flipping skills and even just throwing their favorite variety of sausage on the grill – Tongsmen and women throughout the southeast went big and bold and made it clear that they’re a top griller when it comes to backyard BBQs or tailgating.
Now, two (2) finalists have been selected and are headed to Atlanta, Ga. to prove who is this season’s Johnsonville Titanium Tongsman.
Ricky Albright III of Troy, Ala. was selected for his delicious “Seared & Braised Beer Brats with Vegetables and Lime Ranch Dressing” recipe – featuring Fresh Johnsonville Beer Brats. A die-hard Alabama fan, Albright is a former cattle farmer-turned grilling enthusiast, and now owner of Iron Fire Cooking, a grilling/BBQ caterer and food content creation business. Always excited about the goodness of food, fellowship, and fire, Albright spends most of his football season weekends tailgating with family and friends. His grilling interest was inherited from his father and Ricky says “the grill brings people together. It’s a way to gather and talk over an open fire.”
Squaring off against the Alabama native is Tom Rose of Middle River, Md. – who showcased his top-notch skills at the grill with his “Helen G. Rose Ultimate Sausage Sandwich” recipe. Named in honor of Rose’s grandmother, the sausage sandwich also features Beer Brats and Rose’s homemade “Mississippi comeback” sauce. Rose, who has served as a Baltimore County Police officer for 23 years, is an Ole Miss fan who regularly heads to Oxford, Miss. to watch his favorite team now that his daughter is an alum. Rose said his cooking passion was inspired by his grandmother, who told him “If you make good food, you’ll always be surrounded by happy people having a good time.’
Before the big grilling showdown on Dec. 3, the two finalists will also make a guest appearance in their hometown with Johnsonville’s 65-foot Big Taste Grill, to grill sausages and raise funds for the finalist’s favorite local charity:
Ricky Albright III
|Charity: Troy Animal Rescue Project and Montgomery Animal Shelter||Charity: Baltimore County Police Assistant & Relief Fund|
|Event Date & Time: Wed., Nov. 23 from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET||Event Date: Sat., Nov. 19 from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET|
Event Location: The Tipping Point Bar/Grill 5015 Hampstead High St.
Montgomery, Ala. 36116
Event Location: White Marsh Plaza 7900 Honeygo Blvd
Baltimore, Md. 21236
As finalists in the Johnsonville Titanium Tongsman Contest, Albright and Rose will compete in a live cook-off event with the brand before the 2022 SEC Championship Game in Atlanta, GA on Dec. 3.
Albright will be paired with 7-time world BBQ champion and BBQ Hall of Famer Melissa Cookston, while Rose will man the grill with social media star, published cookbook author and popular reality TV chef competitor, Kolby “Kash” Chandler.
The two Tongsmen finalists will battle it out, with Cookston and Chandler at their sides, grilling their sausage-based recipe during a 30-minute contest in hopes of being crowned the Titanium Tongsman!
The grand prize-winning Tongsman will win a new Pit Boss grill, a year’s supply of Johnsonville sausage, grilling accessories and swag, and a custom set of titanium tongs. The two finalists selected to join Johnsonville on Dec. 3 for the live cook-off event with Cookston and Chandler will also receive a pair of tickets to the 2022 SEC Championship game, a $1,200 travel voucher, lodging for two nights and a Tongsman swag bag.
See official details, rules and prizing information at www.tongsman.com.
About Johnsonville, LLC
Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand, selling and serving more than 70 different varieties of sausage across 40+ countries and in more than 75 U.S. professional, semi-pro and college sports stadiums. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, Johnsonville remains a family-owned company led by third- and fourth-generation family members who work in all aspects of the business.
- Ricky Albright III-Tongsman Finalist 2022Ricky Albright (Troy, AL) will team up with 7-time world BBQ champion and BBQ Hall of Famer Melissa Cookston.
- Tongsman Recipe-2022Using Johnsonville Beer Brats, Ricky Albright's recipe is the Seared & Braised Beer Brats with Vegetables & Lime Ranch Dressing. He'll make this in a 30-minute grilling showdown against Tom Rose & Kolbe Kash.
- Tongsman Contest 2022Melissa Cookston, 7-time world BBQ champion and BBQ Hall of Famer, will team up with finalist Ricky Albright (Alabama). Cookston was teamed with Brent Little, last year's Titanium Tongsman winner.
- Tom Rose-Tongsman Finalist 2022Tom Rose (Baltimore, MD) will team up with Kolbe Kash to prepare his Tongsman recipe on Dec. 3 in Atlanta.
- Tongsman Contest 2022Kolbe "Kash" Chandler, will team up with finalist Tom Rose (Baltimore, MD) for the grilling showdown on Dec. 3 in Atlanta before the SEC Championship game.
- Tongsman Recipe-2022Using Johnsonville Beer Brats, Tom's named his Tongsman recipe in honor of his grandmother. The Helen G. Rose Ultimate Sausage Sandwich will be prepared along with teammate & TikTok foodie - Kolbe Kash - as they compete against Ricky Albright & Melissa Cookston on Dec. 3 in Atlanta.
- Titanium Tongsman 2022Johnsonville calls on SEC fans to submit their best tongsman recipe for the chance to win the custom set of tongs.