Homegating is the new tailgating in 2020, and we’re searching for SEC Homegate Pros! Calling all diehard SEC football fans: Are you one of those multi-talented fans getting creative with your tailgating skills from a driveway, backyard, patio or park?
Tune in here or watch Johnsonville’s social media channels for our bi-weekly #SECHomegateChallenge from Sept. 21 to Dec. 6. Different SEC celebrities will announce each weekly challenge for your shot at winning the grand prize of $10,000, joining Johnsonville on its 2021 SEC Tailgate Tour featuring the Big Taste Grill, and a ticket to an SEC Championship Game.
- Post a photo or video of your challenge entry on Instagram or Twitter using #SECHomegateProContest and mentioning @Johnsonville in your post caption
- Post a photo or video entry in the comments section of Johnsonville’s or Influencer's Facebook challenge posts with #SECHomegateProContest
Launching our first of six challenges is legendary SEC running back and avid griller, Emmitt Smith!
Launching our second challenge is SEC fan and TV host, Rutledge Wood!
Show Us Your SEC Gameday Squad! Launching the next challenge is this year’s fan-favorite reality show couple, Lauren and Cameron Hamilton!
Show us a video or photo of your gameday squad!
How to Enter:
Between Oct. 19 and Nov. 1, post that photo or video of all those you’re celebrating gameday with, and use the hashtag #SECHomegateProContest and mention @Johnsonville in your post caption on Instagram or Twitter, OR:
Post your photo or video entry in the comments section of Johnsonville’s Facebook challenge post using #SECHomegateProContest!View Previous Challenges
The best challenge entries submitted each week have a chance to be featured on ESPN’s TV show, Marty & McGee, with additional possibilities of appearing on a SEC Nation broadcast;
The chance to win one of six (6) bi-weekly challenge prizes, featuring: a professional cornhole board set, grilling accessories and a year’s supply of Johnsonville sausage;
A shot at a grand prize of $10,000 along with the opportunity to join Johnsonville on its 2021 SEC Tailgate Tour featuring the Big Taste Grill and attend a SEC Championship Game.
Johnsonville SEC Homegate Pro
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Johnsonville SEC Homegate Pro (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Johnsonville, LLC., Southeastern Conference, Merkle Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Johnsonville, N6928 Johnsonville Way, Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085. Administrator: Merkle Inc., 3000 Town Center, Floor 21, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements, including for purposes of the Grand Prize only, consent to a confidential background check to confirm each potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Due to the nature of the Grand Prize offered, if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or any of the Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on September 21, 2020 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") ends on December 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"), and consists of six (6) Challenge Periods set forth in the chart below. In addition, there will be a Grand Prize offered based on all entries received during the entire Contest Period.
|Starts at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET||Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET||
Approximate Winner Notification Date
|1||September 21, 2020||October 4, 2020||October 12, 2020|
|2||October 5, 2020||October 18 2020||October 26, 2020|
|3||October 19, 2020||November 1, 2020||November 9, 2020|
|4||November 2, 2020||November 15, 2020||November 23, 2020|
|5||November 16, 2020||November 29, 2020||December 7, 2020|
|6||November 30, 2020||December 6, 2020||December 14, 2020|
Servers of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are the official time-keeping devices for the Contest.
5. How to Enter:
Participation Requirements: To participate, you will need to have a Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free, but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of each Social Account: http://twitter.com/tos, https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms or http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#. Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
Entry Requirements: During each Challenge Period, look for the posts from Sponsor on each Social Channel for the specific content requested (“Challenge Content”) that must be included in your social post to receive an entry: Create your original Photo or Video (up to 30 seconds) that displays the Challenge Content and does not violate any of the Content Restrictions or Permissions set forth below.
For Twitter and Instagram:
(1) Tweet/post Challenge Content and include the #SECHomegateProContest and @Johnsonville in the original caption of your post/Tweet.
(2) Your account settings must remain public during the Contest Period and until all prizes are awarded (as described in Section 8); and
(3) You must not change your Instagram or Twitter handle during the Contest Period and until all prizes are awarded (as described in Section 8).
NOTE: Retweets, Instagram stories, and Instagram posts where the hashtag is included in a comment rather than the caption of the original post will not be deemed entries.
For Facebook: There may be two options for entry through Facebook. First, you may find Sponsor’s Facebook post advertising the Challenge in your newsfeed. Alternatively, you can check the Facebook page of the celebrity who is advertising the particular Challenge. During the applicable Challenge Period, you may submit your Challenge Content response to the applicable Challenge post and use #SECHomegateProContest in the comment section of either Facebook post.
Your Challenge Content need not include any reference or image to Sponsor’s products. Including an image or reference of Sponsor’s products in your social post will not improve your chances of winning.
- Challenge Content must be your original work;
- Challenge Content must be in English;
- Challenge Content must not convey any claims of Sponsor’s products or services that would be deemed unsubstantiated or deceptive if made by Sponsor;
- Challenge Content must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. However, Challenge Content may include brand names or trademarks owned by Sponsor, the SEC and any of the colleges and universities that are part of the SEC;
- Challenge Content must not contain any music;
- Challenge Content must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party;
- Challenge Content must not promote or reference alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons, any activities that are or appear to be dangerous, or any political agenda;
- Challenge Content must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, sexually explicit, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Challenge Content must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- Challenge Content must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individual/s who appear in the Challenge Content to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Challenge Content if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
By posting the applicable Challenge Content on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, you agree that it conforms to the above requirements and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform. Where your Challenge Content meets all requirements, it will be considered for the applicable Challenge Prize as well as the Grand Prize.
Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) time during each Challenge Period. Contest entries received from any person in excess of the stated limit will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor's Use of Submissions: Posting a contest entry on any Social Channel constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such content in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the content.
7. Winner Determination: Challenge Winners will be determined after each Challenge Period, by a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor who will select the entrant with the highest scoring Challenge Content from among all eligible contest entries based on the following judging criteria:
- Creativity/Originality of the homegating entry (33%);
- Quality of the homegating entry (33%); and
- Entry displays the spirit of the tailgate season (34%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose contest entry received the highest score for “Entry displays the spirit of the tailgate season”], as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Challenge Winner from among the tied entrants.
After the conclusion of the program Sponsor will review all contest entries submitted during the Contest Period and select the one (1) entrant from among all eligible contest entries based the judging criteria:
- Creativity/Originality of the entry (25%);
- Quality of the entry (25%);
- Entry displays the spirit of the tailgate season (25%); and
- Collective quality, creativity and spirit displayed in all entries submitted during the Contest Period (25%).
In the event of a tie-breaking process listed above. the entrant whose contest entry received the highest score for “Collective quality, creativity and spirit displayed in all entries submitted during the Contest Period”, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the Grand Prize winner from among the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than seven winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: On or around the dates listed in the Section 4, the potential winner for each Challenge will be notified by @Johnsonville through the social channel used to enter and will be provided with directions on how to claim the prize. Each winner will be directed to a secure online claim form and asked provide his/her name, mailing address and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within 3 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent to claim the prize.
The potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her/the prize. Winning the Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements, including consent to a confidential background check to confirm each potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Due to the nature of the prize offered, if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or any of the Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified.
If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her/the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A check for $10,000, two (2) tickets for one (1) SEC Championship Game (either 2020 or 2021), and a stipend of $750 for lodging and travel to the game, and the opportunity to attend two (2) regular season tailgates that are part of the Johnsonville’s SEC Big Taste Grill Tour tailgate during the 2021 college football season. Winner may select two (2) dates and Sponsor will arrange one (1) night of lodging (single room, double occupancy selected by Sponsor) for each date and provide a transportation stipend. In addition, Sponsor will provide a check for $5,550 that is intended to assist with tax liability. NOTE: All details associated with the tickets (dates & seating) will be determined by Sponsor. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly provided, including but not limited to, meals, incidentals, gratuities, are the responsibility solely of winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $18,350.
SIX (6) CHALLENGE PRIZES: A Johnsonville branded cornhole game, a grill basket, and a total of fifteen (15) Johnsonville coupons, five (5) of each of the following types: a 19 oz package, any flavor or variety of Johnsonville® Brats, valued up to $5.00 each; a 19 oz package, any flavor of Johnsonville® Italian Sausage, valued up to $5.00 each; and a package, any flavor or variety of Johnsonville® Smoked or cooked Sausage, valued up to $4.99. ARV: $455.
Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a/the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) Challenge Prize per person. Challenge Prizes will be fulfilled 4-6 weeks after the end of the Contest.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Southeastern Conference, Twitter, Inc., Instagram Inc., Facebook, Inc., Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, including winner’s Twitter/Instagram/Facebook profile photo, Prize Footage, contest submissions, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, technical failures, human error, any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Contest, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner(s) from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor may also modify the prizes offered. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of contest entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
16. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://bit.ly/32F2JXd. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2020 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc./Instagram, Inc./Facebook, Inc.