Zucchini Pizza Bites
About this recipe
Skip the crust and go for a veggie-based pizza party with this idea from Johnsonville. Refreshing zucchini takes the stage as it gets piled with all the essential ingredients: sausage slices, mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. Johnsonville’s Mild Italian Sausage Slices give you the authentic flavor you want while making this dish a great low-carb meal choice.
- 1 cup Johnsonville® frozen Mild Italian Sausage Slices, thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Fresh minced basil, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Arrange zucchini slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spray zucchini with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until zucchini is hot, but still firm. Remove from the oven.
- Top each zucchini slice with a pinch of cheese, one sausage slice, 1/2 teaspoon pizza sauce and another pinch of cheese.
- Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sausage is heated through. Sprinkle with basil and serve.