Back To Recipe
Ziti with Sausage, Mushroom and Tomato Sauce
simple and delicious. Just looked online today, saw this recipe and made it tonight for dinner and it is delicious. My family luvs it! — Felicia
- 1 pound pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (26.46 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf Italian parsley – roughly chopped
- flat leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve approximately 1 cup of pasta water prior to draining pasta. Drain.
- Into a large sauté pan add: butter, olive oil, Johnsonville sausage and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened. Add mushrooms. Stir to combine. Season with salt/ pepper. Cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper. Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to simmer.
- When pasta is cooked, transfer to sauté pan. Toss to combine. If mixture is too thick loosen with a little pasta water.
- Garnish with parsley and optional cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Cooks Notes: You can substitute any short cut pasta you prefer. Add red pepper flakes to the sauce for a little kick.