- 1 pound pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (26.46 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Fully Cooked Three Cheese Italian Style Sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf Italian parsley – roughly chopped
- flat leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve approximately 1 cup of pasta water prior to draining pasta. Drain.
- Into a large sauté pan add: butter, olive oil, Johnsonville sausage and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are softened. Add mushrooms. Stir to combine. Season with salt/ pepper. Cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper. Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to simmer.
- When pasta is cooked, transfer to sauté pan. Toss to combine. If mixture is too thick loosen with a little pasta water.
- Garnish with parsley and optional cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Cooks Notes: You can substitute any short cut pasta you prefer. Add red pepper flakes to the sauce for a little kick.