Zesty Sweet Potato Casserole with Andouille Sausage
it was delicious...but with the sausage, how can it not be?. I thought it was very good...I prefer to cut the sausage in thick "coins", and add onions, garlic, carrots, tons of sliced onions, red and green peppers,cubed sweet potatoes...a melange of all the fall produce...bake away.......how addicting! Sometimes I add a variety of sausages and/or brats. — bbdoodles
- 5 cups sweet potato, diced, mashed
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Split Rope Sausage Rope, quartered and sliced ½-inch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil diced sweet potato. Mash when softened after draining.
- Sauté mushrooms, pepper and sausage until slightly browned.
- Combine first 5 ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in vegetables and meat blend.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour mixture into 2 quart casserole coated with oil.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.