Zesty Lemon Sausage Pizza
About this recipe
- 3 Each Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage links
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Bertolli Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Juice from 2 Lemons, divided
- 2 Medium Zest from 2 Lemons, divided
- 1 Package(s) 8oz tub Mascarpone cheese, room temp
- 2/3 Cup(s) Kraft Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 5 Teaspoon(s) Basil Pesto
- 1 Bunch(es) Fresh Basil
- 1 Each Bolobi Original Pizza Crust
- Heat olive oil in skillet place the Johnsonville sausage links in pan cook on medium heat for 12 minutes each side and remove from pan to let rest.
- While the sausages are cooking mix together mascarpone cheese, parmesan, juice from one lemon and zest from one lemon.
- In the same skillet you cooked the sausage squeeze half a lemon juice in skillet and add spinach cook until just wilted and remove to a dish.
- Cut sausage into bite size pieces (they will still be a little pink in the center).
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon juice into the skillet and add sausage cook until a nice brown crust and no longer pink.
- Spread the cheese mixture on pizza crust, add basil pesto and spread on cheese mixture, add the spinach and sausage.
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese and bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and the rest of the lemon zest and serve.