Zesty Italian Sausage Pasta
Must try!. I used spaghetti noodles as that is what I had on hand, and mixed my own chicken broth from a packaged cube. Added mushrooms and peppers, extra garlic, simmered the sauce down to thicken it, added extra spices (Italian, garlic powder, seasoning salt, pepper) The flavour is one i think any general person would like. It goes beyond the every-day-dinner catagory, but is just as easy to make. Loved it. — Cayla
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of linguine
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Prepare sausage according to directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-in. slices.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the broccoli and cooked pasta.
- Cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Add sausage; toss to combine.