Wisconsin Autumn Breakfast Sausage Croissant
About this recipe
- 1 package (9.6 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Original Recipe or Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 4 fresh mini croissants
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 4 slices medium Cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons apple butter
- Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- Cut croissants in half horizontally.
- Spread a thin layer of apple butter on the bottom half of each croissant; layer on a few apple slices, one slice of cheese, and two sausage patties; cover with top half of croissant.
- Repeat with the remaining croissants.
- If desired, wrap each sandwich in waxed paper and microwave for 20 – 30 seconds to soften the croissant and melt the cheese.