White Bean Chili
Camping with the "girls". Our group of ten women (ages 45 thru 87) cabin camped in the beautiful hills of Brown County, Indiana this past May and each of us had to bring ingredients for one meal. I chose this White Bean Chili recipe thinking it would be fast and easy after hiking all day in the forest. YES! This recipe was the perfect one to serve the girls. They actually ate all of it and I had doubled the recipe. When I returned home I emailed all of them the recipe and of course gave them a slip of paper at the cabin with Johnsonville.com written on it and the name of the recipe. — Virginia Schrubbe
- 1 package (14 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Stadium Style Brats, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado, chopped chile peppers, tortilla chips (optional toppings)
- In large saucepan, combine brats, white beans, pinto beans, tomato, water, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve with your choice of toppings.