Whiskey Sausage Apple Stuffing
Best stuffing ever haveðð½ðð½. I have this stuffing first time and I forgot to buy Apple juice and I use chicken broth instead of juice but it came up awesome. This will be my favorite from now on. — Moninder Gill
- 1 package (13.23 ounces/375 g) JOHNSONVILLE® All Natural Fresh Italian MILD Ground Sausage
- 8 cups cornbread stuffing
- 4 cups diced apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Prep cornbread stuffing using your favourite recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together apples, raisins, apple juice, nutmeg, cayenne, pepper, cinnamon, sage, salt, butter, and whiskey. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage meat and cook, breaking up into small pieces with wooden spoon. Cook until browned and fully cooked through, approx. 8 - 10 minutes. Place cooked sausage on paper towel lined sheet and let cool.
- In a second bowl, add cooked chunked sausage, cornbread stuffing, and pecans; mix together.
- Spoon apple-raisin mixture over cornbread and sausage mixture. Mix to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a non-stick dish. Bake uncovered at 400°F for 35 - 45 minutes or until set and top crusted.