Fully Loaded Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage
Delicious . This was awesome! I used rotele instead of diced plain tomatoes and pureed it since my family doesn't like chunks of tomatoes. Will make again. Served with corn bread like the other reviews suggested. Will go a little lighter on the Cajun seasonings next time since it was a little spicey for my kids. — Kamy Boller
- 1 pouch UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, pepper, celery and Cajun seasoning and sauté until onions are soft and brown.
- While vegetables cook, heat UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain in microwave according to package instructions.
- Add garlic and sausage to vegetables and cook until sausage has browned.
- Add rice and canned tomatoes.
- Cook until heated thoroughly and mix until all ingredients are combined.