About this recipe
Who knew that great tasting jambalaya could be made in 20 minutes? This recipe uses all the classic ingredients for an authentic jambalaya: onions, green bell peppers, celery, garlic and tomatoes. The cook time is cut with Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. The overall flavor of the dish is enhanced with Johnsonville Andouille Sausage. The sausage brings another level of taste and authenticity that can only come from Johnsonville!
- 1 pouch UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain
- 1 link Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, pepper, celery and Cajun seasoning and sauté until onions are soft and brown.
- While vegetables cook, heat UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Original Long Grain in microwave according to package instructions.
- Add garlic and sausage to vegetables and cook until sausage has browned.
- Add rice and canned tomatoes.
- Cook until heated thoroughly and mix until all ingredients are combined.