Wake Up Frittata -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
Bright, crispy peppers join olives, onions, cheese and Johnsonville Fresh Italian Sausage in a jumble of deliciousness.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1/2 cup red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup ripe black olives, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- Grill sausage on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Let cool slightly; cut into half moon slices.
- In a skillet, sauté peppers and onions in oil until tender.
- Add sausage and olives to the pepper mixture. Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 6 to 8 minutes or until center is set. Turn off heat and remove cover.
- Top with shredded cheese and sliced tomato.
- Replace lid and let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve hot.