- 1 package pizza dough mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Ground Sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced thick
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Follow package directions for the pizza dough. Stretch or roll the pizza onto a sheet pan or pizza baking plate.
- Place a 10 inch sauté pan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and, in batches, individually cook the Johnsonville® Italian Mild Ground Sausage, onions, mushrooms, and garlic, lightly removing each to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brush the last tablespoon of olive oil on the pizza dough. Top with the mozzarella slices. Dot with Johnsonville® Italian Mild Ground Sausage pieces. Cover evenly with garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle the pizza with lemon juice, Parmesan and red pepper flakes. Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook 20 minutes or until the crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into wedges or squares to serve. A great green salad is terrific with this pizza.