- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes with garlic, canned
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 can (14 ounces) green chilies, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Split Rope Sausage Rope, diced
- 2 cups tortilla chips or corn chips, broken
- Chopped cilantro and green onion for topping
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, Andouille sausage and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, salt, chilies and lime juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Top each with tortilla chips and serve with cilantro and green onion.