Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Why eat out and pay for an overpriced bowl of soup when you can make it at home? This fantastic recipe from the Johnsonville Kitchens gives you an easy way to make a delicious, mouth-watering tortilla soup in no time! This soup is loaded with all of your favorite ingredients: roasted tomatoes, green chilies, onions, lime and cilantro—all of these combine perfectly with big, bold flavor of Johnsonville Andouille Premium Cooking Sausage!
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
What you need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes with garlic, canned
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 can (14 ounces) green chilies, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 link (half package of 13.5 ounce) Johnsonville Andouille Premium Cooking Sausage, diced
- 2 cups tortilla chips or corn chips, broken
- Chopped cilantro and green onion for topping
- 1 In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium to high heat.
- 2 Add onion, red pepper, Andouille sausage and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3 Add broth, tomatoes, salt, chilies and lime juice. Bring to a boil.
- 4 Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5 Ladle soup into bowls.
- 6 Top each with tortilla chips and serve with cilantro and green onion.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE