Tortellini and Sausage in Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Delicious and succulent flavor begging for seconds!. Just tweak the ingredients of this fabulous meal to your families liking and you will have a winner every time. This is a great suggestive recipe to a "Fantastic meal"! Bon Appetite! — Timothy A.
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, thinly sliced
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) refrigerated Cheese Tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, 1/4 inch diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) Baby Bella or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine (Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay)
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Classico Alfredo sauce (or Classico Alfredo Lite)
- 1 cup freshly grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Boil water in a large pot to boil the tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion.
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add sliced mushrooms, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes, add the sausage and sauté mixing all together allowing the ingredients to caramelize and brown on the edges, about 5 more minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a low simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring and gently scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the Alfredo sauce, stir together.
- As it starts to bubble add the cheeses, stir to blend until melted.
- Add the hot cooked tortellini and fold over gently to coat the pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.