- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, roughly diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cup rice, dry
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Sauté diced sausage and onion until brown. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, pour canned fire roasted tomatoes with juice into pan, add water.
- Bring to boil. Watch the pot, it will boil over easily. Add rice, cover, reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When rice has absorbed tomato broth and is cooked through, add onion and sausage to pot and stir.
- Drain stewed tomatoes, rough chop tomatoes and add to pot and stir.
- Cover and heat through for 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Leftover idea: Leftovers can be used as a wrap filling, with a lettuce leaf in a jalapeño cheese wrap.