Back To Recipe
Three Cheese Sausage Pasta with Herbed Cream Sauce
Awesome Pasta. This was fantastic and everyone loved it. I will be using it as go to for a quick and tasty dinner often. — bobbijo bridgman
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, coin sliced and add to sauce
- 1 1/2 cups dry rotini pasta, (measure, & cook according to package directions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper, sliced (1" long thin slices)
- 1 cup light cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish) (Any combination of basil, mint, Italian parsley, chives)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cover loosely and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté red bell pepper on one side of the pan, stir to soften and brown. In the same pan, place 1 sausage link to the side and fry it whole, turning occasionally to brown and heat through. Cook both (the red pepper and the sausage) for 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a cutting board and allow it to cool slightly, before coin slicing.
- Add light cream, salt, nutmeg and, if desired, garlic to the cooked red peppers in the pan, whisk gently and allow the cream mixture to simmer slowly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese, and the herbs, whisk to blend.
- Reduce the heat to low, mix in the pasta and the sliced sausage. Stir until just heated through. Serve immediately, garnish with reserved chopped herbs.