Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Servings6 to 8 servings
my kids love. This is great for my kids. WE leave out the mushrooms because my family doesn't like them. And we substitute the fresh tomatoes with fresh tomato sauce that I make. It's nice to have one dish with the meat, carb and veggies all in one for the family. — Jennifer
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup basil, torn into pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bring pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat, add onion, garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper, mushrooms, salt and seasoning until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ¾ cup water and basil. Simmer until sauce thickens 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Spoon half into casserole dish and sprinkle with half the cheese, spoon remaining pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray bake 20 minutes, until cheese is golden.