Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Awesome twist to a spaghetti dish. Awesome, flavorful twist to a spaghetti dish. The chicken sausage is a healthy alternative to regular sausage. — Valerie
Servings6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup basil, torn into pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bring pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat, add onion, garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper, mushrooms, salt and seasoning until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ¾ cup water and basil. Simmer until sauce thickens 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Spoon half into casserole dish and sprinkle with half the cheese, spoon remaining pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray bake 20 minutes, until cheese is golden.