Back To Recipe
Johnsonville Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage and Yellow Rice
Quick &easy. Was great tasting and easy to make. I did add bell pepper instead of mushrooms. — Carol
- 1 package Mahatma® or Carolina® Yellow Rice Mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE®Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook sausage 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve sausage mixture over rice and top with basil and cheese.