Back To Recipe
Three Cheese Italian Sausage and Vegetable Orzo
Sausage orzo. This dish is delicious! Definitely making again..and again!!😀 — Lynne Guriel
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, cut into coins
- Place olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot add onions and garlic. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- While onions and garlic are sautéing, slice sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Add orzo to onion mixture and cook for about 4 minutes or until orzo turns slightly brown. Add chicken broth, carrots, mushrooms, Italian seasoning and sausage. Mix ingredients until combined. Heat the mixture until it starts to boil and then reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir and let stand five minutes before serving.