Teriyaki Chicken Fried "Rice"
About this recipe
Put a healthy twist on your next teriyaki chicken meal by substituting cauliflower rice for the white rice. Even better, the meal is ready in 30 minutes — or less if you buy riced cauliflower, instead of making your own.
- 1 package (10.5 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Teriyaki Glazed Flame Grilled Chicken Breasts cut into 1/4 inch chunks, juices reserved.
- 1 medium (26-ounce) cauliflower head, rinsed or 4 cups “riced” cauliflower.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3-4 scallions, sliced, whites and greens separated.
- Sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- To prep the cauliflower, remove the core and chop coarsely into florets. Place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the it reaches the consistency of fine rice or couscous, being careful not to over process. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook 2–3 minutes or until firm, stirring occasionally. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in the skillet. Add diced onion, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic and sauté for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice along with the teriyaki sauce. Mix and cook approximately 4–5 minutes, stirring frequently, just until the cauliflower is tender and warmed through.
- Add chopped chicken and juices and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked egg, scallion greens and remove from heat. Portion and top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if using.