Tangy Apple Chicken Sausage Toasted Sandwich
Johnsonville Cheese and Apple Sausage Sandwich. The original recipe calls for Johnsonville Apple Sausage, but I use Johnsonville Cheese Sausage for an extra layer of flavor in this yummy sandwich! — Anna Tritschler
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 brat buns, partially split
- 1 medium Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese or white Cheddar, thinly sliced
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in oil.
- Add vinegar, sugar and ginger; continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange buns on a baking pan.
- Position links, apple slices, onion mixture and cheese in buns.
- Place under a preheated broiler (6 inches from element) for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.