Sweet and Sour Cucumber and Onion Relish
Yummmmy. I am new at trying pickled dishes like this, but having made a couple recently, this is by far the best. It was so delicious, you can eat it at anytime. I've eaten some as a side dish for lunch, dinner, and as a snack at night. The flavors just burst in your mouth and it is really hard to stop eating just a few, plus it is so cool and refreshing, especially during the hot days of summer. You won't be sorry in making this dish. Enjoy :) — Catpaws
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and shaved thin
- 1 onion, seeded and shaved thin
- In a saucepan, combine the salt, sugar and vinegar. Heat over medium heat stirring until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a bowl, toss the cucumbers and onions. Add the cooled vinegar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy with JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats!