Sweet Bourbon Kabobs
Servings2 to 4 servings
My New Favorite Kebob. The flavors in this dish were amazing. The only variation in my recipe was a sweet and smoky, Spanish Paprika, instead of the liquid smoke. The way it all caramelized on the grill was delicious, and the slight kick of the Cubanelle Peppers was a nice change in my usual kebob routine. Definitely going to make these again. Page saved! — Jacqueline
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Bratwurst
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, medium sized
- 1 medium purple onion
- 8 to 12 cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon (I used Woodford Reserve for the recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- OPTIONAL: 4 cans light beer for pre-boiling brats
- Bring beer to a boil in a pot large enough to partially cook the bratwurst. While that is coming to a boil mix Worcestershire, garlic powder, liquid smoke, brown sugar, bourbon and ginger in a small pot. Let that come to a boil then allow to simmer until the mixture has reduced by 50%.
- Place brats in boiling beer and flash boil them for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and chop each brat into quarters. Dip them into the still simmering bourbon mixture and remove from heat.
- Chop pepper and purple onion into large enough pieces to skewer and match the size of the brats. Skewer all items in any order you prefer.
- Take leftover bourbon mixture and use to brush over the kabobs while grilling. Cook on grill for around 10 minutes, basting frequently.