Love it!. My mother-in-law made it for Christmas Brunch. It was Delicious hardly anything left! I've made it a few times since then and my teenage babysitter loves it as well. I'm actually baking it right now so it's ready for when she gets here for the day. — Viktorija
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) Ore-Ida® Country Style Hash Browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded 4-cheese Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups salsa or picante sauce (optional)
- Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-inch coins.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.