Great for Sundays!!. I love this dish and you can be creative with it at the same time. I made it for my Sunday school class and they loved it. I prepared it the night before and popped it in the oven while I was getting reeady, so it was an easy dish to serve to them. A lot of happy women that morning. — Tracy
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) Ore-Ida® Country Style Hash Browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded 4-cheese Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups salsa or picante sauce (optional)
- Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-inch coins.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.