Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Also found in: In the Kitchen, Breakfast
A great breakfast casserole with eggs and Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage that is sure to be a family favorite. This crowd-pleasing favorite is great for your buffet table and can be made ahead of time to make entertaining easy!
- Servings: 16
- Cook: 1 hour 10 minutes
What you need
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) Ore-Ida® Country Style Hash Browns
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded 4-cheese Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups salsa or picante sauce (optional)
- 1 Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan.
- 2 Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-inch coins.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4 Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well.
- 5 Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- 6 Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7 Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 8 Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached.
- 9 Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 10 Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE