Summer Sausage Reuben Sandwiches
About this recipe
Twist your traditional Reuben sandwich with the fantastic flavors of Johnsonville! Swap the usual corned beef with our Original Summer Sausage and let the big, bold flavor of Johnsonville take you to a new taste destination. All of your favorite ingredients are still there: delicious rye bread, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing. But with Johnsonville taking center stage, you'll fall in love with the Reuben all over again.
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 12 slices rye bread
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 6 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Arrange summer sausage on six slices of rye bread. Layer each with sauerkraut, cheese and dressing.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.