Summer Sausage Rachel Sandwiches
About this recipe
Remix your Reuben into a Rachel when you switch out the sauerkraut in favor of a delicious, creamy coleslaw. But that's not all--for a real Johnsonville makeover, use our Original Summer Sausage. The legendary flavors of Johnsonville go perfectly with the rye bread, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing. Summer Sausage isn't just for snacking when you've got real Johnsonville Sausage!
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 12 slices rye bread
- 6 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 6 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine coleslaw mix and coleslaw dressing until coated.
- Arrange summer sausage on six slices of rye bread. Layer each with coleslaw, cheese and dressing.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.