Summer Sausage Potato Salad
About this recipe
Anyone can do a potato salad, but this recipe idea from Johnsonville makes sure you’ve got a potato salad done right. All the standard ingredients are here, but this dish really shines with the use of mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and beer. Add in Johnsonville Original Summer Sausage, and your hungry masses will be left feeling full and happy!
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 pounds red potatoes (8-9 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Add summer sausage, eggs, celery, onion and pickle relish.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, Dijon, beer, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.