Summer Sausage Fun Doo
Goodness of Summer Sausage. I tried the recipe using Summer Sausage with a fondue of cheddar cheese and beer. I love very sharp cheese with my Johnsonville Summer Sausage and dip. I added a half of lime juice which gave it even more of a kick. At our family picnics we love to eat. Add French bread with the Summer Sausage and a bottle of mustard for those who like that. What fun to eat and chat around a picnic table. — Cathy snyder
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) your favorite beer
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in beer. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or small slow cooker and keep warm.
- Serve with summer sausage and bread cubes.