Station 4 Johnsonville Cajun Chicken Sausage Chili
About this recipe
This was the winning recipe in the October, 2015 Firehouse Cook-off Challenge, between the Birmingham Fire & Rescue stations.
- 1 Package Johnsonville® Cajun Chicken Sausage Links, cut in 1/2" pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced Jalepeño peppers
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cans (15 ounces) white beans, drained
- 1 package white chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the Johnsonville Cajun Chicken Sausage pieces, onions and peppers. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes & green chilies and package of white chili seasoning and cook for another few minutes.
- Add in the two cans of drained white beans and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.