Back To Recipe
Station 30 Pumpkin Spice Sausage Stew
About this recipe
Firehouse Cook-off Challenge Runner-Up
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounce) organic pumpkin puree
- 1 carton (32 ounce) organic chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pears, peel on, minced
- Brown the sausage in a large stock pot over medium heat for 3 minutes
- Add onion and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess oil.
- Add pumpkin puree and chicken stock to pan. Season with salt, pepper, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with pears and walnuts.