Back To Recipe
Station 19 Sausage and Squash Stew
About this recipe
Firehouse Cook-off Challenge Winner
- 1 pound Johnsonville® All Natural Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Georgia apples, peel on, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small bunch kale leaves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 32 ounce carton chicken stock
- 10 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Brown the Johnsonville sweet Italian sausage in a stock pot.
- Toss onions and squash with olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- When sausage is browned, drain off excess oil and add onions and squash to pot, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sage leaves and apples. Add chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer another 15-20 minutes until squash is tender
- Add salt and peper for taste