Kick Off Sausage Dip -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
This spicy crowd favorite takes your mother-in-law’s 7-layer dip to a whole new level. With just the right amount of kick, you can add this dip to any tailgate and people will be begging you to bring it to the next game.
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Hot 'n Spicy Brats or Chorizo
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounce) guacamole
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (16 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided use
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, divided use
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided use
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grill brats on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Cool slightly; cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, guacamole, cumin and chili powder.
- Stir in black beans, salsa, 1 cup of cheese, ½ cup of tomatoes and ½ cup of green onions. Fold in sausage.
- Spray a deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon sausage mixture into pie plate.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with jalapeno and remaining cheese, tomatoes and green onions.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips.