Italian Sausage Caprese Skewer -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
What's a great way to add more flavor and deliciousness to a caprese salad? Hot Italian sausage, of course. This quick-and-easy recipe has all of your favorites, too: fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and juicy cherry tomatoes. Then we put it all on a stick because, well, food on a stick just tastes better.
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 24 small wooden skewers or other decorative picks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (24 tomatoes)
- 1 package (2.5 ounce) fresh basil leaves
- 1 container (16 ounce) marinated fresh mozzarella balls
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic syrup* (Note: can substitute with balsamic vinegar)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grill Italian sausage on the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill (or your favorite cooking method). Cool slightly; cut each link into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Assemble each skewer alternating the following ingredients: tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and sausage.
- Arrange skewers on a platter, then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic syrup.
- Sprinkle with salt and a grinding of fresh black pepper and serve.